Key questions will include:
- Does the UK need a ‘Mega Hub’ airport or will a trend towards high-frequency direct flights make the economic case for hubs obsolete?
- Who is best placed to decide on such matters – a government commission, elected representatives, transport economists, airport operators, or none of the above?
- Is Gatwick’s recent proposal to financially compensate local residents a step in the right direction, and if so, can we hardwire the logic of this approach into the system rather than relying on ad hoc proposals? Are there better options?
- How strong is the economic case for airport expansion?
- Is airport expansion compatible with the UK’s carbon reduction targets?
- Charles Kirwan-Taylor, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability Director, Gatwick
- Steven Costello, Director, Heathrow Hub
- Douglas Andrew, former Director of Economic Regulation Group, CAA
- Dr Kristian Niemietz, Senior Research Fellow, IEA
More speakers to be announced.
RSVP: By email or 0207 799 8900.