The Institute of Economic Affairs is looking to recruit a Graphic Designer to provide graphics for various IEA departments. The role reports to the News Editor. Below represents the range of duties that may be asked of the person selected for this role. We are committed to hiring the best talent available and as such welcome all applicants regardless of experience level.
If you are passionate about creating material that promotes free markets, are a stellar designer, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and want to contribute to a fast-growing team, we hope you will consider this role.
To create various forms of graphic design for the IEA (including print, digital, and video), and to provide design support across IEA departments.
- Creating graphics for: ieaTV, website, publications, events, newsletter, social media (infographics)
- Coming up with design concepts that fit department needs
- Creating final designs, working to deadline
- Amending designs according to feedback
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print / shared online
- As with all employees, a willingness to be flexible and versatile and take on additional tasks and responsibilities when appropriate
* All members of the IEA’s digital team are expected to contribute to ieaTV; this includes learning how to create, film, edit, and produce short videos.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Proven graphic design skills
- Thorough understanding of digital communication techniques and e-communications skills
- A strong visual sense / strong sense of creativity
- The ability to grasp department needs and work with staff members
- The ability to balance work on several projects at a time
- Willingness to work flexible and sometimes unsociable hours
- Superior organisational skills and attention to detail; an unwavering commitment to meeting deadlines
- Entrepreneurial and solution-focused; thrives on challenges while remaining calm under pressure; willingness and ability to learn quickly
- A strong understanding of the IEA’s mission
- A commitment to (and an understanding of) the principles of free market economics
- 1-2 years’ work experience in graphic design
- Proven animation skills
This role is being advertised as a full-time position, but we will also consider part-time arrangements and flexible working.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The IEA provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including a personal pension which matches up to 5% of salary, death in service, critical illness, group income protection, private medical insurance coverage, flexible working hours and 25 days paid leave per annum.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with attention to Kate Andrews, News Editor. Your cover letter should express how you learned about the position, your qualifications for the role, and your interest in the IEA mission. No phone calls, please. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
Applications are rolling.