Head of Strategic Partnerships
Reporting to the Development Director, this is a full-time position, to start as soon as available in 2019. You will work at the IEA office in Westminster, in a highly motivated development team, building relations with private individuals, corporations, foundations and trusts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an organised, results-oriented strategic thinker with first class diplomatic and interpersonal skills, capable of delivering projects from start to finish, and with a passion for our mission. The role will involve some travel (mostly daytrips within the UK). Hours can be irregular, to suit the timing of events. Specific fundraising experience is not required, but these attributes are an advantage:
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of similar organisations, either think tanks, educational institutes, campaigning
organisations, charities or other bodies involved in raising money for ideas or causes.
- Experience of working with senior executives, academics, politicians or other influencers.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, including event management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, diplomatic, patient and methodical.
- Good political awareness; interested in and sensitive to the IEA’s mission.
- Good tech-literacy, capable of using common office and mobile communication tools.
- Unwavering commitment to ethical conduct and protecting the reputation of the IEA.
- Willingness to work flexible and unsocial hours.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Developing and implementing a strategy for supporter recruitment and development in sympathy
to the goals, plans and projects of the wider IEA family.
- Translating that strategy into a budgeted and realistic programme of activities and events.
- Identifying and approaching new patrons, partners and trusts.
- Maintaining positive and constructive relationships with all new and current IEA stakeholders.
- Drafting partnership proposals in accordance with IEA protocols.
- Providing reports and updates on partnerships progress.
- Supporting the wider Development team and IEA as required.
How to Apply:
Further information about the IEA can be found on the IEA website.
If you consider that you meet the criteria set out in the person specification and would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and a short covering letter to Angela Harbutt [email protected]. To discuss further before applying please ring 020 7799 8900.