The event is currently fully booked. Email [email protected] to be added to the waiting list.
The teams will be debating the following motions:
- This house believes that the economic benefits of BREXIT will be greater than the costs – UCL – Affirmative / LSE – Negative
- This house believes that the world economy is facing a period of slow growth and ‘secular stagnation’ – Oxford – Affirmative / Warwick – Negative
The judges will be:
- Claire Fox, Director, Institute of Ideas
- Chris Obsorne, Co-Chairman, FTI Consulting
- Dr Helen Jenkins, Managing Partner, Oxera
- Dr Steve Davies, Head of Education, IEA
- Peter Botting, Strategy, Storytelling and Speaker Coach, TEDMED
The finalists will be:
- Oxford University
- The University of Warwick
- The London School of Economics
- University College London
Preliminary rounds were held at each university and the winning team from each progressed to the semifinal. The semifinal will determine which teams will contest for 1st and 2nd place. The other two will debate for 3rd place.