17:30 - 18:30
“Economic myths and opportunities for an independent Scotland”
The question of Scottish Independence remains at the top of the political agenda. A question that is only made more pressing by the continued success of the SNP and the UK’s impending exit from the EU.
What opportunities exist for a Scotland and how could the country beat the critics to ensure economic success and prosperity outside of the union? What challenges are on the horizon, will Scotland be better able to tackle them as a sovereign nation or as part of the historic union?
- Mark Littlewood, Director General IEA
- Kirsty Blackman MP, Deputy leader of SNP group in Westminster and economy spokesperson
- George Kerevan, Journalist and Commentator, former SNP MP
- David Torrance, Journalist and Commentator, The Herald
- Pete Wishart MP, SNP Westminster Constitution Spokesperson
Finnieston Suite, Hilton Garden Inn (Inside the secure zone).
Please note that a conference pass is required to attend this event.