Donor Relations Officer
Reporting to the Head of Stakeholder Relations this is a full-time position, an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or someone with 1-2 years of experience, to start as soon as available in 2019. You will work at the IEA office in Westminster, in a highly motivated development team, researching donors, supporting publications and events, and maintaining our development systems.
The role will involve some travel (mostly daytrips within the UK). Hours can be irregular, to suit the timing of events. Specific fundraising experience is not required, but these attributes are an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of similar organisations, either think tanks, educational institutes, campaigning organisations, charities or other bodies involved in raising money for ideas or causes.
- Excellent organisational, written and numerical skills with superior attention to detail
- Good political awareness; interested in and sensitive to the IEA’s mission.
- Good tech-literacy, capable of using common office and mobile communication tools.
- Unwavering commitment to ethical conduct and protecting the reputation of the IEA.
- Willingness to work flexible and unsocial hours.
Duties include, but are not restricted to:
- Assisting with the preparation, running and administration of IEA’s engagement programme, contacting speakers and managing guest invitations.
- Maintaining accurate records and keeping IEA’s databases up to date.
- Drafting letters, updates and reports, with an eye to correct protocol and forms of address.
- Overseeing mailings of updates and publications.
- To attend IEA events, fundraising meetings with donors and prospects as required.
- Supporting the wider Development team and IEA as required.
How to Apply:
Further information about the IEA can be found on the IEA website. If you consider that you meet the criteria set out in the person specification and would like to apply for the role, please send your CV and a short covering letter to Amy Horscroft [email protected]. To discuss further before applying please ring 020 7799 8900.